About Me

My photo
Let there be wind beneath my wings, Flame in my throbbing heart... and an unquenched thirst for Knowledge.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Carvings of the past


The smell of burning flesh filled my lungs, suffocating me, chocking me each time I breathed. The agonizing pain drilling through me with every passing second. A heavy sigh escaped my lips when i realized that the pain was far too severe for my body to withstand. Finally, a drop of tear ran down my eyes, as if saying "it's enough... quit it.". Still i stood motionless in a dark room... and my body burning to ashes.

I wondered, why was i doing this to myself!!!
But no answer followed.

The dark room was lit up with flame that had engulfed half my body.The flames caught up to my face as the fire grew intense. The flames kept on burning, inching into my flesh layer by layer. First the skin, then the flesh and finally even my blood. I could feel the blood in my veins boiling up. As that fierce fire peeled off my flesh, a stream of blood puffed out of my veins. It moved on making it's way through my molten flesh. And finally it reached the tip of my finger and dripped down on the floor drop by drop. A pool of black burnt blood started to take shape on the floor with every dripping drop. A wave of intolerable pain kept spreading through out my body with every vein puffing out. And with each wave the thundering feeling of cry of pain grew stronger in me. The flames kept picking height using my body as fuel, until they reached the ceiling. They spread in all directions as if to engulf everything in their path.

But for a body it was too much... it had already crossed limits.

I had to give it up.

I pressed down every muscle in my body and released that thundering cry. Pushing open the door i ran out. The flames following me... waving behind me as my clothes would do. But they were far too uncomfortable to be clothes. I ran past the beautiful roses in my garden and took a plunge into the pool. A sound of quenching thirst followed me as burning body kissed the water.
The cold water filled my battered flesh as i fell to the bottom of the pool. I lay silent in the water for a second. Thousand of thoughts kept rushing through my mind, images of that being together, interlocked lips, her irresistible smile, aahhhhhhh. It hurt.

A sudden voice within alarmed me ... i gasped for air. I kicked off the bottom of the pool and rose to the surface. Dragging myself gently i reached to edge of the pool and climbed out of water. Standing there i ran my eyes through my body with that pain still lingering through out... it was left torn, shattered, burned and bleeding.

"Hope this fire has only ripped apart my body... and not touched down to my heart.", i said to myself.

Whatever it may be, one thing is for sure...
all my life i will carry with me these ..."Carvings of the past"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Only the Heart can Speak or hear that what u r!!!!!! a human who care about all his feelings, emotion n love...

madhabi said...

u've written that those carvings of past will remain with u till ur last breath but i feel like they are going to stay even longer...

and the blade of that knife will be flashing in black for a longer time through this site..

a population of dead lovers will be following those heart tearing lines.. and someone out of them will be falling into those smokes and ashes n trying to paint a desolate landscape of a Grey and dry land waiting for a drizzle of rain and a li'l beat of sunshine......

amrit akash said...

Sir ur words reflect ur feelings just like a mirror reflecting image